Welcome to the first Local Area Coordination (LAC) Network Newsletter
We hope to use the newsletter as a way of
- Providing more information about Local Area Coordination
- Establishing communication links between people
- Keeping everyone up to date with progress
- Sharing ideas, gifts
- Solving problems together
- Sharing information
- Giving areas and local people a voice
In future issues we aim to have contributions from innovative partner organisations linked to strength based approaches and LAC, including Community Catalysts, KeyRing, Shared Lives, the ABCD (Europe) Institute, Inclusion North, In Control, Livesthrough Friends and partner local authority areas.
We are currently contributing to the TLAP Building Community Capacity Reference Group and starting discussions with DH around asset based approaches to “assessment”, building communities and asset mapping.
This is a chance to both make a difference to our local communities AND contribute to national developments.