The IIDL Exchange took place at the end of May with the Local Area Coordination Network, Thurrock Council and Inclusive Neighbourhoods running a session around Local Area Coordination in England and Wales with a focus on the transformation of services.
Key messages from the session that were shared at the later IIDL Network meeting in Sweden were:
- Local Area Coordination has a sound and growing international evidence base. We are all on the same reform journey with same challenges
- Power of relationships
- The focus on a good life, a positive vision, strengths
- Importance of shifting power from systems to citizens
- Integrity and authenticity – person by person, family by family, place by place
- Leadership – how develop tomorrow’s leaders?
- Imagine if…….Possibilities, possibilities, possibilities
We have pulled together a standalone summary report of the event which you can read here.