How do we know Local Area Coordination works?
Over the past 27 years, there have been many evaluations that show, where it is designed properly with local people and there is strong, connected leadership there are very consistent positive outcomes.
- Derby City diverted costs/savings of £800k in first 12 months in 2 locations whilst operating at 40% capacity,
- Thurrock Council found reductions in referrals/visits to GP, A&E, adult care, mental health and safeguarding services; avoided housing evictions,
- Reduced dependence on day services and better health outcomes,
- Costs 35% lower compared to non Local Area Coordination areas,
- People supported to find local, low cost/no cost solutions,
- Preventing more expensive out of home/area/placements.