Welcome to our event calendar which shows events that the Local Area Coordination Network is hosting or involved in.
- This event has passed.
May 28, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 1, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The 2018 International Initiative for Disability Leadership will take place between 28th May and 1st June. As you may be aware the international exchange is being held in Sweden but exchange sites are also taking place in Finland, Ireland, the UK and Scotland.
In England, the Local Area Coordination Network, Inclusive Neighbourhoods and Thurrock Council are coming together to host an exchange. The focus of this exchange is on the impact and contribution to long term reform of Local Area Coordination, highlighting the experience in Thurrock.
The exchange will include:
- An overview of Local Area Coordination in England and Wales
- Thurrock Council as a practical example of Local Area Coordination in action – The importance of effective, connected leadership, from design to delivery and ongoing service reform.
- Contribution to local re thinking of services and supports in local communities within strength-based context
- An opportunity to meet Local Area Coordinators and local people with an experience of Local Area Coordination
- An opportunity for participants to share their experiences with Local Area Coordination and systems reform– including expected participants from existing countries with LAC efforts such as Australia, Scotland, Ireland and possibly New Zealand, as well as Nordic countries with an interest.
- Explore the value and ongoing development of a national Local Area Coordination Network in England and Wales and opportunities to grow international collaboration and ongoing connection/sharing of resources
The broad programme of events is as follows:
|Monday 28th May
4pm – 8pm
|Evening welcome reception and scene setting
|Tuesday 29th May||All day event
|Wednesday 30th May||Fly to Sweden for full IIDL event|
You can sign up and find out more here or do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.