The development of Local Area Coordination in England and Wales has been championed and supported by Ralph Broad through Inclusive Neighbourhoods Ltd since 2008.
The Local Area Coordination Network’s work and ethos was initially developed within Inclusive Neighbourhoods and subsequently established as a not for profit Community Interest Company in 2015 but only became active as company in 2016.
Ralph remains a Director of the CIC and the Network continues to work in partnership with Inclusive Neighbourhoods to deliver its work.
The Local Area Coordination Network is a not for profit Community Interest Company.
How we work
The work of the Network will seek to mirror the values of Local Area Coordination by:
- Building knowledge, positive outcomes and long term resilience in the delivery of Local Area Coordination at the individual, family, community and systems levels,
- Focusing on the capacity and contribution of people, communities and the organisations who are our members or partners,
- Building relationships and connections through our work,
- Developing collaborations across our membership, allies and partners,
- Working within a rights-based framework that seeks to redress inequalities or promote social justice.
The Local Area Coordination Network values the inherent strengths, capacities and contribution of all people in our society and works in partnership with areas implementing Local Area Coordination to support them to move to a service system that builds on individuals’ vision for a good life, their natural networks and to create stronger, more welcoming communities.
At the Network we are always keen to hear your feedback. You can send us any comments, compliments or feedback via the contact page.
We hope you remain happy with the work of the Network and are able to discuss things with us but if you feel you need to take things further and put in a complaint please read our complaints policy which will let you know what action you need to take.
If you have a complaint about an individual Local Area Coordination programme or Coordinator please contact the area directly. you can find the contact information for each area here.